The one about Will Lynch and the Dom Imus morning radio show
I don't listen to Don Imus, my grandmother does so I have to put up with him every once in a while, his show is dry and doesn't entertain me. But the other night I caught a glimpse of Carlos Mencia cracking at disabled veterans, that's something that is TRULY shocking and wrong, but where's the outrage?
Here's an article about the dichotomy that is endured in America but KC Star sportswriter Jason Whitlock: http://www.kansascity.com/182/story/66339.html. I think that this article fairly represents the way things are, this has become nothing more than a publicity stunt and a mob against Don Imus (who, as I was writing this article was fired by CBS, the company that carries his radio show.) If there this outrage over this why are Howard Stern, Dave Chappelle or "Mancow" Muller (whom I don't like because he makes it to where I can't enjoy rock in the morning) still on the air? Howard Stern objectifies women, Dave Chappelle promotes racism, and Mancow is extremely racially insensative. If Imus is gone, these guys and Carlos Mencia need to be gone too.
America has two options, boycott shock jocks and comedians with racially based humor or toughen up. The inequality of Don Imus calling a basketball team a bunch of "nappy headed hos" and Carlos Mencia characterizing a veteran amputee is wrong. And the fact that today CBS fired a man who raised ten million dollars for the Center of the Intrepid and a member of the Radio Hall of Fame is disgusting. Don Imus made a mistake, apologized by the book, was crucified on Rev. Al Sharpton's radio show, and gave Rutger coach Stringer an hour long press conference that was used wholly as a recruiting tool. The Media villified a man that has done a good, but turns a deaf ear to the racism that's sold as humor.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home