The one about Will Lynch's first day of college
So, it was really all it cracked up to be, and then some. My first day at Missouri Southern was amazing. Dr. Saltzman's class was everything I'd imagined. Dr. Jackson's class was everything I'd been told about. And to top all that off, they were giving out free food!
All of my favorite teachers had always told me how much I'd love college (I had just assumed it was because of my poor attendance habits and questionable extracurricular activities) and I'm starting to realize how right they are. College is about independence. When I say "independence" I don't mean moving away from mommy and daddy, but that SHOULD be a part of it. By "independence" I don't mean having the responsibility of attendance and punctuality, which also should be qualities learned by the time one reaches high education. When I say independence, I'm speaking about the process of breaking away from traditional thought, not only in the sense of what's been taught to you, but of all the conventional things that has been learned TO the high school student instead of learned BY the high school student.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home