The one about Will Lynch's Survial Seminar
So after a week of all of my friends calling me from Mizzou, UMKC, Arkansas and Southern Virginia, I FINALLY was reminded of why I'm going to MoSo.
Today we had a little survival seminar for the new froshies in the Honors Program. So I had to get up early and drag my butt down to campus (late, of course) and sat in a room for what seemed to be an eternity before lunch.. and then, not long after lunch, came the reminder. They had five teachers come in to talk to us and give us advice, I don't remember all of their names but Dr. Ackiss and Dr. Saltzman. Dr. Saltzman captures my attention with a real-life anectdote and then I was convinced that I had made the proper choice for my post-secondary education. His solution for a successful Honors career was breaking away from the ordinay train of thought, discarding everything that was spoon fed to you as a child and learning about life and the absolute truth for yourself. It was nearly ver batim of what I said in my Honors interview about what I thought college was for.
And so here I am... again content with Southern


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home